Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Uhhh....

There seems to be a rash of moments lately that have just taken me by sheer shock and as a person who prides myself in being able to adjust and adapt and think quickly in my current vocation i have been utterly incapable of functioning. Today two of my preschoolers (who happen to be twin girls) decided to go "swimming" in the inner-tube that some of the boys and I have been conducting experiments in rolling with. These two girls are the oldest in the class and youngest in their family. My co and I have the worst time trying to convince them to keep their clothes on. After 5 or 6 negotiations they know they have pushed my last button. When I saw them stripping, yet again, I asked them what they were doing. When they answered "going swimming", I saw potential for constructive dramatic play and frankly, one less battle to fight. I said, "When you are done swimming can you put your clothes back on?" They both answered yes with a laugh as if I was the lunatic. Not 45 seconds later I look over and see one of them sucking on the other's nipple. Louder than I intended, I asked, "What are you doing?", still trying to allow for a reasonable explanation. "I'm the baby" the suckling one answered. I stood there, frozen. My brain not even processing how to handle the situation appropriately. "Uhhh, put your clothes back on. Baby's done drinking."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home