Monday, January 11, 2010

the plants...

Paul and I have moved. I doubt that many of you will find that unusual. What is unusual is that we moved from 400 square feet to 3,065. Just the two of us. And the cat. What ridiculousness is this you ask? We don't own it. We don't pay rent either. We're basically squatters. Our only task is to keep this place clean and neat, oh and to disappear when told. Sometimes we have days advance notice and sometimes minutes. The owners of this pretty sweet pad, that we lovingly have dubbed "The mansion", moved south before it sold and we moved in to stage it and care for the upkeep. The joke is that we're staging it with our measly amount of furniture. Paul and I have lost track of each other on more than one occasion now. I call out and Paul answers sounding more like he's 5 miles, than just two but very large rooms away. I'm getting used to the echos and creaks that big houses with small furniture are guaranteed to have and have taken to naming our plants to make it feel like more people live here. Victoria Hemingway, Tom and a few other plants moved with us from our 2711 nook but remained nameless till coming here. Lola, Herbert and Zoe recently joined the ranks as they pose in various corners of the house to trick visitors into thinking its fuller than it really is. Tom hasn't been fairing as well as I'd hoped. I first tried to figure out exactly what kind of plant he was but after searching online plant encyclopedia's my only conclusion is that he's a frightened anomaly. I re-potted him thinking some space for his roots might do him some good. Our cat promptly molested his soil the next day. She's got a thing for fresh dirt and I guess Tom's pot was just too tempting. He's still not fairing too well. Therapy is next.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home