Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Attn: Parents and Washington

(My job continues to gain rhythm over chaos, although its rhythm, in and of itself, is chaos but at least I know what to expect more now than before.)

Maybe its more due to our demographics or general location, but C'mon, you're the one dropping your kids off for Pete's sake instead of staying at home with them, I'm not complaining because this means job security for me, but you shouldn't be either. If you think you can do a better job, keep your kids at home. First of all, its not a day care, its a school. If it were a Day Care you'd be stupid to pay $20,000.00+ a year per child. Second, I'm a teacher, contrary to popular belief, I'm not just there to wipe butts and make sure your kid doesn't die. I'm sure most of you are really nice, but since you're in the habit of dropping and running I don't really get a chance to see that you are. Yes, our room is going to look a bit scattered at times but bloody hell, I want to see what your house would look like with 20 three-year-olds and a guinea pig running around for 8 hours. No, we don't just let them do what they want but because you are paying 20k for your kid to go here we are expected to negotiate rather than command or drop kick...let's see how much you accomplish trying to negotiate with a 3 year old. Washington doesn't even accomplish as much. At least 8 of our kids can wipe their own ass. Last time I checked that was more than the Senate and House combined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home