Wednesday, February 22, 2006

where is the love?

i'm becoming prolific at assassinating mosquitoes.  i'm so good i do it in my sleep.
 
i swept my room today.  i try to sweep the floor everyday but some days i'm lazy.  one of my windows doesn't have any glass in it.  it has a screen to keep most of the bugs out but no glass, so whatever dust and sand the wind blows in accumulates on my bed and on the floor.  if i kept all the sand that i swept up everyday i think i could have had enough for a small sand box by now.  too bad i left my toy trucks at home. 
 
while i was sweeping i noticed the carcasses of mosquitos.  they had died in the night trying to get inside my mosquito net.  maybe they just wanted to keep me company or maybe they were out for blood.  whatever the reason, they died trying. as i swept up their dead corpses, i had no pity.  i didn't shed a tear.  i must confess i was rather joyful to see their numbers increase in the small dust pile as i got closer to the hall outside my door.  
 
victor sweeps the hall every morning.  it tried to get the dirt pile out the door before he came by so i could let him fret about the funeral arrangements.  i watched him sweep everything out the front door with little to no thought.  he must dislike the little boogers as much as i do.
 
there is a spider in my bathroom.  i'm not very fond of spiders but since he hasn't bothered me yet i'd somehow feel more guilty about killing him.  i'll let him carry on about his business.  in the evening before it rains the mosquitoes swarm more than usual.  its going to storm again tonight and they are already calling a conference in my bathroom as i sit here and type this.  i hope my spider gets busy tonight and decides he's hungry for some mosqui-meat; that will take care of two things for me.  if the mosquito has malaria and the spider eats it then they both will die, and i'm out one attack spider due to natural causes, (its not my fault if he gets indigestion).  if the mosquito doesn't have malaria, but the spider still eats it, then i'm out one less mosquito and the happier for it.
 
          

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home