Sunday, February 19, 2006

rocky mountain high


this place reminds me of denver. i see half naked kids walking their goats. the predominant color is reddish brown and even the things that used to be white are reddish brown. sand is everywhere. men, women and children balance 5 gallon containers of water on their heads. the smell of the salty bay and oily bodies fills the air. its nearly 100 degrees out everyday. palm trees line the coast. avocado trees are pregnant with meat. mangos and pineapples are for sale on various corners. the majority of the people here have really really dark tans. the majority of the people who have really dark tans think that i have more money than they do since i'm not as dark. they try to sell me stuff. even when i say no they keep on waving their wares in front of my face. yes, this reminds me of home.
wait. i seem to remember there should be some really big mountains around here somewhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger ZZ said...

When you come back to the U.S., feel free to wave stuff in front of my face to sell it. I am certain my skin will be lighter than yours.

Dan

20/2/06 14:44  
Blogger David said...

Dan, I sure hope you are acquainted with Jessie, or she might just pull up her stakes and move to another blog name and that will ruin it for the rest of us.

1/3/06 12:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home