Monday, February 27, 2006

riverboat blues

i sometimes ponder how i would manage if i had a disability.  for instance, this morning as i was washing up, i wondered how i would wash my armpits if i was missing my left hand (i decided it would be my left since i like my right one a little better).  i didn't do a very good job, my right pit didn't smell so good. 
 
yesterday i was helping mama gloria in the kitchen.  arlindo came in from working in the garden.  mama gloria pulled a bag of frozen homemade rolls out of the fridge and was laughing at how hard they were.  i turned around just in time to see arlindo grab one and bang it on his sweaty perspiring forehead, proving how hard they actually were, and then put it back in the bag.  GROSS! 
 
mental note: do not eat any bread rolls until alice makes more or search and destroy that bag! 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

That's funny! I know you don't know me, but your parents do. I did a long bicycle ride and spent the Sabbath with them. But one thing I quickly noticed living on the bicycle is that , even though washing up each night before bedtime, by 11 am everyday I smelled like a homeless person. Good thing for the little self-generated breeze. What an incentive to keep riding. I can't imagine Africa.

1/3/06 12:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home